The new year is a time for reflection. Most of us think of what we want to accomplish in the new year, me included. But it is also important, whether goals were met or not, to reflect on the accomplishments and changes of last year. In no particular order, (oh heck, they are pretty much chronological) these events include:
- RJ had his first optometrist appointment. His vision was good, which was source of concern with his genes.
- RJ had his first recital. He was in what the studio called “karate,” but it was more tumbling.
- Tony visited the dentist for the first time. He finally had all of his (baby) teeth. 🙂
- Beth returned to her position as domestic engineer. Having Beth stay home with the boys was definately the biggest change of the year.
- My Dad retired. We were all taking bets on how long it would take him to get another job, at least part time. None of us were right, but we are all glad that he is enjoying his retirement.
- Tony got his first haircut from RJ and RJ gave his first haircut. This is not really a major change or milestone, but was definitely the most humorous event of the year.
- Beth, RJ and Tony had their first camping experience. I was a bit worried about Beth, but she liked it enough that we went again.
- RJ started kindergarten.
On this note I hope that everyone’s 2007 was filled with many happy memories, and 2008 brings more of the same.
Happy New Year!